Thursday, June 14, 2012

From Drawer to...Earring Organizer!

So I was running out of room in my jewelry box for my earrings and decided to create something to hold them, but would look good in my room. Well for some reason I have a bunch of these hook screws at home; they are obviously meant to hold something up, so I decided to use these for the holders.


My original idea was to screw them to my wall...but my dad wouldn't be too happy if I had a bunch of holes in my wall when I removed them (haha)! So then I found this lovely drawer that’s approximately 7 x 10 x 2 inches.













As you guys can see I had already begun putting the hook screws on, I was testing it out! Then I removed the handle from the drawer just to remove from it being a drawer...if that makes any sense?






















I have tons of scrap booking materials and decided I could just use some scrapbook paper to decorate. My room is a light shade of purple so I thought this pattern went great with it since I was gonna hang it up. I took all the measurements and drew them on the actual paper so I could cut it easier. Before I put the paper I inserted all the hooks so that when the paper was on it would be easier to make the holes. I just used hot glue to secure it and that's it!

No comments:

Post a Comment